If you have always dreamt of flawless, acne and blemish free beautiful skin, it can be yours now. Try these 10 simple beauty hacks to tackle your skin woes and give your skin that radiant natural look you have always wished for.
- Do not forget to follow the golden rule of removing all traces of makeup before you go to bed. With makeup on, your skin is not free to breathe. It clogs the skin overnight, thus leading to blemishes, blackheads, and whiteheads. Always remove your makeup with a mild oil such as olive oil with a cotton ball dipped in it. This will get you rid of dirt and makeup. It is also essential to exfoliate your skin every once or twice a week. This will remove any dead cells accumulation from the skin surface and clean the pores, thus leaving you with blemish free clear skin. A paste of walnuts with yogurt is great for exfoliating the skin natural way.
- Long-time sun exposure can lead to age spots, wrinkles, and other skin woes early in life. It is essential to apply a sunblock of at least SPF 15 to block UVA and UVB rays. Make sure that the sunblock is non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic. Do not skip the sunscreen if there is no visible sun. Reflective surfaces such as beach, snow or ice can harm the skin with hidden sun rays.
- Regular exercise is as essential as any other activity. Be it running, jogging, cycling or yoga, any form of exercise that increases the blood circulation and accelerates the cleaning process of the body is important. However, do not forget your skincare regime after or before a workout. Before heading out for exercise, apply toner to minimize oil production. Similarly, after a workout, exfoliate and apply a mild moisturizer such as shea butter or olive oil.
- Eat fresh and seasonal foods. Avoid heavy carb-laden and oil food such as fries, colas, or any other junk food. Remember, you are what you eat. Include a lot of fresh produce such as raw vegetables, fruits, and nuts. A diet rich in minerals, vitamins and low in fats and sugar will give you radiant skin.
- Sleep is an important factor that any do not consider worth remembering. Get at least 7-8 hours of sound sleep. The body needs its share of rest to rejuvenate and regenerate. Not getting ample sleep will show on your skin making it look dull, sagging and with dark circles. It is essential to apply a good moisturizing cream before you retire to bed. While you are sleeping, your body uses this moisturizer to heal and repair the skin.
- Hydrate yourself. 60% of our bodies are made up of water. When the water level goes down, your skin feels dull, lifeless and lacks any elasticity. Drink at least 8 glasses of water. Have fruits and vegetables high in water content such as oranges, lemons, cucumber, watermelon etc. To treat puffy eyes, use rose water all over your skin as a cotton ball dipped in it or as a spritz. It maintains the pH balance of the skin and restores its hydration.
- Follow a skincare regime that is as close to nature as possible. Masks and packs made up of fuller’s earth, turmeric, camphor, sandalwood etc. have great benefits. Pamper yourself occasionally to a face massage or a spa. Oils such as coconut, oil, almond or even mustard impart a nourishing glow to your skin. Massage for 20 minutes and wash off.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water instead of hot water. Hot water tends to strip the skin of its natural oils. Choose a cleanser that contains alpha hydroxyl acid or beta hydroxyl acid. After a gentle face wash, apply a lotion containing benzoyl peroxide to combat acne. Do not touch your face frequently or pop pimples. These will leave behind scars and acne marks. Clean with rose water and place a cooled bag of green tea for 10 mins.
- It is always a better idea to connect to nature and to your roots. Ayurveda is known to be an Indian mantra for all diseases and health wellbeing. It has a lot of beauty secrets hidden within it. A simple breathing technique can help you get rid of toxins and give you radiant skin. When your body is in harmony with your mind and soul, you feel energized and it shows on your face.
- Follow healthy habits such as yoga, meditation, a brisk walk etc. Minimize stress by practicing stress management. Exercise your way to good health and radiant skin.
These simple beauty hacks will get you beautiful skin in no time.
UNDERSTANDING THE IMPORTANCE OF NATURAL REMEDIES
With so many skincare products on the market today, how can you determine which ones are the best for your skin? You can easily narrow down your choices by making an effort to use only all-natural products. By understanding the importance of natural skincare, you will be able to see just how beneficial natural products are when compared to their chemical-laden counterparts.
According to The National Institute of Occupational Safety & Health, there are over 800 toxic ingredients being added to skincare products every day. 300 of those were proven to cause developmental abnormalities, while over 700 were shown to produce acute toxic effects. Many of these toxins contain particulates that are so small; they can be absorbed by the brain and body 3 times more quickly than water.
Skincare products that contain all-natural ingredients are designed to complement your skin’s sophisticated system. The skin has a remarkable ability to heal and maintain itself, but only when it is given the proper nutrients. Because the skin is the largest bodily organ, it can absorb any and everything you apply to it directly into the bloodstream. Even though you may follow a healthy diet, applying skincare products that contain known toxins can affect your health in detrimental ways, causing you to become ill.
There are numerous studies that have proven the link between illness and synthetic chemicals. Using skincare products that contain synthetics can result in headaches, disrupted hormone levels, breathing disorders, and even cancer. With so many dangers associated with synthetics, why would anyone want to use products that contain them?
There is a simple answer: because they provide instant gratification. Many chemical-based skincare products can instantly reduce the appearance of wrinkles and even fade sunspots, but they do so through dangerous means. These products starve the skin of oxygen, and increase photo-sensitivity (makes the skin sensitive to the sunlight). Year’s later, extensive use of these products can increase the risk of sunspots and cause premature aging: the very things the products were designed to prevent.
Even though chemical-based products have been tested and proven to be ‘safe’, they can still cause harm. A product can be labeled as ‘non-toxic’ if 50% or less of lab animals it was tested on died within 2 weeks. Children’s shampoos that are labeled as a ‘no tears’ formula contain anesthetics to numb the burning sensation the eyes would experience with normal shampoo.
Many body lotions also contain dangerous chemicals, such as artificial fragrances and colors. They may also contain ingredients such as mineral oils and parabens that can clog the skin’s pores and cause breakouts. Natural skincare products allow the skin to breathe, which will help prevent acne, rashes, and other irritations.
To ensure your skin receives proper nourishment without harmful chemicals, only use products that contain plant-derived ingredients and are free of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. Products that state they contain the extracts of organically-grown ingredients are the best choice for proper skincare. By paying close attention to the products you apply to your skin, you can keep it at its healthiest and allow it to look younger for longer.